Wednesday, July 11, 2007

His Holy word is so amazing...

Recently I have been studying the book of 1 Corinthians. I would like to share what the Lord has been teaching me.
I started reading the book a couple of weeks ago, and once I read through the entire book, I just went through verse by verse and really took a look at what it meant.
Last Sunday, during our Sunday School hour Dan Vreeland spoke briefly from 1 Corinthians and it really helped me understand it. And then Dad talked from it tonight after prayer meeting.

One verse that has always jumped out to me is...

  • 1:30-31 - "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God -that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts (glories), boasts (glories) in the Lord"

Talk about being Humble... something I, especially, need to work on.

  • 3:16-21 - "Dont you know that you yourselve are God's Temple and that Gods spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys Gods temple, God will destroy him; for Gods temple is sacred, and you (we) are that temple. Don note deceive yourselves, if anyone of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a fool so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in GOds sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness", and again "The Lrod knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile." So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours."

We are Gods temple in everyhing we do, we need to honor and glorify Him. No matter what it takes. Our God has given up His entire life for me, the Least I can do is give Him everything I have.

No comments: