Monday, October 20, 2008

I did it!!!!
I ran the Detroit International FreePress Marathon on October 19, 2008!
It was the most thrilling marathon yet. I ran it in 3:35.02. I qualified for the Boston Marathon with 6 minutes to spare.
The entire run I was thanking my Lord and Savior for the amazing race that I was able to run. I have certainly improved since the last marathon in April.
When you are running a marathon around mile 20 you are thinking Why in the world am I running something this? This is ridiculous!! But then you cross that finish line (for me with tears in my eyes) and realize what an accomplishment it is. It is a "celebration" of all your training.
Dad was able to make it to the Marathon which was awesome. I was so thankful that he wanted to go and watch me run. He saw me at mile 13, 23 and the finish. He said he really enjoyed it.
The Lord is so faithful to his children, he never ceases to amaze me. He watches over us in the darkest valleys. When I seem down or upset, He is always there to pick me up and bring me back into His arms. Never ONCE has he forsaken me. What a wonderful God we serve.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Way to go, Heather! You amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heather!!!! So when do you go to Boston?

bandanachick said...

Congrats Heather!
You are A-MAZ-ING!!!

Kelly said...

That is so incredible, Heather! Way to go!

Melissa Gail said...

you. are. hard. core.

: )